The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi understands the importance of environmental leadership and is committed to achieving the same through its constant environment friendly endeavors. The Hotel encourages all its associates to demonstrate its commitment to environmental and social sustainability. On the occasion of World Environment Day,The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi organized the annual practice of planting saplings at The Terrace Garden in an effort to increase awareness about the importance of environmental sustainability.
This year the Hotel had undertaken an initiative of create awareness and organized various activities to promote environment protection and conservation for a period of 30 days starting today which would include in-house poster making competition among associates, to create best out of waste,display of plants to promote horticulture and as a knowledge sharing endeavour.
The Hotel encourages all its associates to demonstrate its commitment to environmental and social sustainability. In addition, every year the Hotel also observes the Earth Hour encouraging guests to switch off their Television sets and extra lights, inside the rooms. This year a candle cluster at the lobby was created depicting “60+ Earth Hour”. The Hotel’s associates held all inter-departmental meetings outdoors in order to reduce consumption of electricity indoors.
Our In-house guests were also invited to be a part of the plantation drive. The guests were offered refreshing beverages post the activity. A special package of seeds were also placed in-room as a meaningful turndown offering for the guests to commemorate the World Environment Day 2018.
The Hotel employs energy efficient practices in all areas of operation. LED lights and light dimmers are used in guest floor corridors and in the lobby; water level sensors have been installed in the hotel to avoid wastage of water due to overflowing; a rain water harvesting program has been initiated by the Hotel and solar panels are used for pre-heating of water. The Hotel also provides shared transport facilities for its employees in a bid to help reduce the city’s pollution.
The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhiis committed to environmental sustainability through efficient management of the hotel’s resources. The Hotel has received a Gold Level Certificationfrom Earth Check, the leading benchmarking, certification and environmental management program used by the travel and tourism industry.
In addition, energy efficient practices are employed in all areas of operation:
- LED lights and light dimmers in guest floor corridors and in the lobby
- Water level sensors have been installed in the hotel to avoid wastage of water due to overflowing
- A rain water harvesting program has been initiated by the Hotel
- Solar panels are used for pre-heating of water
- Discarded linen is converted into laundry bags, dusters, trolley covers and even menu covers
- Big fresh air fans (30 HP) have been replaced with 3 AHUs for the laundry
- Burnt oil from the kitchens is sold to an authorized agency to ensure proper disposal
- All leather ‘TAJ’ carry bags have been replaced by jute bags
- Regular energy audits are conducted by the Hotel to understand our performance on various environmental parameters.
- Associates regularly conduct sapling plantation drives in an effort to increase awareness about the importance of environmental sustainability.
- The Hotel has always strongly supported the cause of hygiene and cleanliness. Our active contribution to the ‘Swachch Bharat Abhiyan’ includes various initiatives such as regular cleanliness drives of the surrounding areas, role plays in high-traffic public places such as India Gate, markets etc.
- Within the premises and the periphery of the Hotel, additional foliage has been planted.
The Hotel takes measures to involve its patrons, associates, guests and the community to achieve best practices in environmental and social sustainability.
– this piece is not edited and provided by Taj Hotel