This July, 20 members from 14 countries will trek 4 days to lighten up 100 lives in village ‘Shade’ using solar energy. Here’s how your CSR funding can help.
Project by: Siddharth Jain
Funding Required: INR 1,54,000
Category: Eligible CSR activity as per Companies Act 2013, Schedule VII
(x) rural development projects.
Here’s what Siddharth has to say about this project.
Did you know : With over 240 million people in 18,452 villages, India is home to world’s largest un-electrified population.
- Cost of micro-grids, distribution system and household lightings + its customisation : 40%
- Identification & surveying villages + Mobilisation of resources + Installation : 25%
- Initial support capital for cooperative fund + Training villagers : 15%
- Trek from Leh to village Shade + Food + Equipment : 20% ( bearing myself )
- Travel to and from Leh : Rs 15,000
- Trekking gear ( shoes, sleeping bag, woollen jackets, gloves etc. ) : Rs 15,000
- Electrified 25 villages by installing 110 micro-grids with a capacity of 20.8 kW since it began in 2014; impacted over 10,000 lives directly till now
- 95 individuals from 42+ countries have participated in GHE expeditions so far
- Created 15 women led Mountain Homestays in the electrified villages
- Trained 35+ villagers as entry level Solar Grid Technicians
- Saved approx. 63 Tonnes of Kerosene and helped mitigate 157 Tonnes of CO2 on an annual basis from these villages
- Set-up ‘Third Pole Education Base’ in 2013 at 12,000 ft ; Impacted 800+ students through on going sustainability curriculum.
- Exclusive documentary by National Geographic – ‘Power to the People’ ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyETkC8O7g&feature=youtu.be )
- Featured as one of the ‘Breakthrough Technologies’ in the present world
- Exclusive documentary by NDTV – ‘Lighting the Himalayas’ ( http://www.ndtv.com/special/lighting-the-himalayas-843556 )
- Invited to speak at Clean Energy Forum, Manila by Asian Development Bank
- Invited to demonstrate technological model at the prestigious Future Energy Expo 2017, Astana in Kazakhstan
- Finalist in Impact Tourism category at World Tourism Forum, Lucerne
- Partnered with GE, Infosys and Welspun to carry out Leadership Expeditions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al6sMawNLTg)
- Featured by most global agencies : Huff Post, Financial Express, Global Times
- Other Partners : IEEE, World Economic Forum, Indus University, Woodland, Rotary International, 2041
Want to Fund this Project?
Visit BitGiving.com here and support the cause.
Looking for funding?
If you have a social project that’s high on innovation and impact, but running low on financial fuel, do write in to Nidhi Singh at email@example.com with your proposal, and we’ll feature it on FUND MY PROJECT.